Textile knot yarn production, Faults and remedies, Uniformity ratio, Micronnaire and maturity, Fiber maturity
Knit Yarn Production System
In present time, knit yarn occupied a big market, so every spinning mill has some tendency to produce knit yarn. So, to produce knit yarn, the following arrangements are necessary:
- Continuous electric supply source I.e. generator needed
- Working environment be comfortable I.e. humidity of plants is needed
- Quality control department should be well equipped.
- Schedule of machine maintenance must be maintained properly & carefully.
- Overall cleaning efficiency must be in adequate position.
- Relative humidity in different section given below:
Blow room 50-55% Carding 50-55% Drawframe, combing, flyframe or simples frame 50 -55% Ring frame 50-60% Finishing 60-65%
Major Yarn Faults and Remedies
|Thick & thin places||Clean the sliver and yarn delivery passage|
|Slab||Undrafted sliver, to increase back zone draft, clean all covers of delivery passage.|
|Hairiness||To follow up ring traveler change schedule|
|Naps||Proper cleaning of Card frame|
|Color Contamination||During mixing, supervision must be strict. To set a contamination meter in conveyor lattice or finishing m/cs|
Uniformity Ratio is defined as the ratio of 50% of span length to 2.5 % span length expressed as percentage. This ratio is a measure of the length variability of the cotton. The ratings for uniformity ratio are as follows:
- 50% ---> Good
- 45% ---> Average
- 43% ---> Poor
Micronnaire and Maturity
The ratings of the micronnaire and maturity values given below can be used as guide line
The tenacity of the cotton obtained at 3mm guage length can be rated on the following basis:
|Rating||Presley/1000 lb. sq. in)||Steloeter/(g/tex)|