The conveyor belts are the most delicate design elements of a continuous fusing machine. Their function, however, is crucial for the performance of all other elements. Therefore they have to meet with high expectations.
What is the Conveyor system?
|1||Cover Belt|| endless high tech fabric
|2||Tracking Sensor||for sensible belt tracking control
no damages of belt edges
|3||Control Roller||gentle horizontal movement
no overstreching of belts
|4||Safety Sensor||for additional safety
stops machine if belt goes off
|5||Belt Tensioning||for uniform belt tension
for intensive heat contact
|6||Tensioning Roller||for compensation of belt tension
for centered belt tracking
|7||Transport Belt||endless high tech fabric
What's a conveyor System?
The conveyor belts are the most delicate design elements of a continuous fusing machine. Their function, however, is crucial for the performance of all other elements. Therefore they have to meet with high expectations:
- They must be strong, with high tear and tensile strength.
- The surface must be smooth, to avoid marks or structure transfer on delicate fabrics.
- The surface should not allow any resin adherence.
- They must withstand temperatures up to 250 ° Celsius.
- They must be thin for optimum heat transfer.
- They may not change their dimensions when heated up.
- They must have a smooth teflon coating.
- To avoid shifting of material they must have an antistatic treatment.
- To avoid marks they should not have a thick welding joint.
- The belt edges must be sealed, to avoid fraying.
It goes without saying that not only the belts but also the other design elements of the transport system of a fusing machine must offer the required precision and reliability:
- The speed of both belts must be perfectly synchronized.
- The tracking control system must be very sensible.
- Variations of the belt tension must be compensated automatically.
- The belt tension should be relatively high and precisely adjustable, in order to assure an even and intensive contact.