Type of Shirt Yokes
It is the panel of fabric that is just behind the collar that goes over the tops of the shoulders.
A split yoke is split down the middle and sewn together in the middle.
When the shoulder yoke includes two separate pieces divided by a seam directly in the middle, it’s called a split yoke. Each fabric panel will be slightly different in size to ensure a perfect fit for these body irregularities.
One Piece Yoke
A one-piece yoke is made from a single piece of fabric.
The classic yoke is a solid panel of fabric that goes across the back without a split or vertical seam in the centre.
TERMS RELATED TO MEN’S SHIRT
- Collar – The part around the neck of a shirt is either upright or turned over.
- Cuffs – The end part of a sleeve, where the material of the sleeve is turned back or a separate band is sewn
- Pocket – A small bag sewn into or on clothing so as to form part of it, used for carrying small articles.
- Placket – An opening or slit in a garment, covering fastenings or for access to a pocket, or the flap of fabric under such an opening
- Sleeve – The part of a garment that wholly or partly covers a person’s