How to determine winding calculation and what is the objective of winding?The entire parameters along with the winding requirements and objectives.
Slub – catcher settings:
- Fixed Blade = Carded – (2.0 to 2.5) x Diameter
Combed – (1.5 to 2.0) x Diameter.
- Oscillating Blade = Smooth micro-set – 25% more than above
- Serrated Blade = 100% more than the above.
- Electronic yarn clearer = 3 cm x 3 Diameter
For Blended yarn = 10 to 15% more settings
Yarn clearer efficiency = 100 present (Faults removed )/(Faults Present)*100
Knot factor = (Total Breaks during winding(at faults))/No of Breaks due to objectional faults
Retained splice strength = Strength of spliced joint * 100 /Strength of parent yarn
Winding Tension = 0.1 x Single strength in grams
Optimum spindles / winder N = (4.8 * Y)/S OR
Expected efficiency E = 4500 * Y / (S * N(12 + 98))
Expected production P = (13 Y/(12+98) * C)/winder per 8 hrs in kg
Y = Length / Bobbin (meters.) B = breaks per bobbin
S = Winding speed (meters./min) C = English count
- Minimum fault: During winding always should be observed if yam fault become less. (To minimize the yam faults).
- No damage of yarn: There is a dame of yarn i.e. the yarn must not be damaged in any way in the winding process.
- Easy unwinding: Yarn to be wound so that it can be unwound easily.
- Suitable size and shape of the package: Size and shape should be proper.
- Economical condition: The package size should be controlled the particular economic requirements.
- Avoid excess loosened and tightness: Should be taken care.
- Cheap cost of the package: The package should be cheap. Above all the process must be profitable.
Objectives of Winding
Elimination of disturbing yarn faults such as long thick places, long thin places, short thin places and short thick places.
- To get the continuous length of yarn on cones for weaving process.
- To wax the yarn during the winding process.
- To get the high efficiency of the machine, that is high production level.