Since fusing is a crucial process in garment manufacturing, it is not completely without risk. For this reason, it is necessary to follow, aside from regular maintenance, a few important rules to secure fusing quality.
Control and Securing of Fusing Quality
- For each fabric, the most suitable interlining should be selected, possibly with the assistance of the interlining supplier.
- New fabrics should be pre-tested, including dry-cleaning or wash test, to find out the optimum fusing conditions.
- The fusing equipment must daily be checked for the basic functions, particularly for temperature accuracy.
- The pressure system must daily be checked by fusing several samples over the working width and testing the evenness of bond strength.
- The test results should be recorded in a journal, in order to check back in later on fusing problems come up.
Requirements for Perfect Fusing
Fusing should be perfect:
- with no damage to the fabric,
- without deformation,
- with sufficient bond strength,
- also in day-to-day practice,
- also in foreign production,
- productive and cost-effective.