Putting the Fabric
The process of passing the fabric through the machine and fixing it on the length and side tension bars is called “putting the fabric” and requires maximum accuracy. Cleanliness of the machine is very important in order to avoid spoiling the fabric with grease and oil. Special care is required when putting delicate fabrics like the net on the machine because it can be easily damaged.
- The fabric has to be fixed on the upper length-tension bar on the outer left margin and on the outer right margin
- Then start fixing the fabric from the middle of the length-tension bar to the outer ends. It is important to fix the fabric evenly.
- Afterward, the fabric is rolled up on the upper cloth roller. Avoid wrinkles in the fabric.
- Take care that fabric does not get stuck below roller spoons
- Fix fabric also on the lower cloth roller. Take care that the warp and weft structure is straight without distortion to the left or right. Otherwise, the design will shift whilst embroidering or design will not be okay after winding and on the right or left edge of the fabric.
- For knitted fabrics like jersey, it is recommended to set vertical marks at the right and at the left side of the fabric before putting it on the machine. The marks server as orientation when fixing the fabric on the side tension bars.
- Roll up fabric on to the lower cloth roller. Eliminate wrinkles.
- Pretension fabric and fix fabric on the side tension bars. Check warp and weft structure for straightness again and check fabric for wrinkles by running your hand over the fabric on the lower cloth roller from the center to the left and right.
- The control all rollers spoons and adjust them accordingly if required.
- Now the fabric gets the final tension. Tension depends on the type of fabric and length of the machine. Nonwoven fabrics have to be re-tensioned when the machine is off during a longer period of time.
- If possible knits should be spanned with the reverse side in the front (towards the needles). This way needle tip does not damage meshes.