The final chemical treatments of the fabric which are carried out to impart special characteristics e.g. softening, stiffening, crease resisting, flame retarding, soil release effect etc. is known as textile finishing. The aim of the finishing is to improve the outward appearance and the quality of the fabric, and impart its specific properties.
Cycle of Finishing Process
- Perforating and slitting
Temporary chemical treatments:
- Softening with non-fabric reactive finishes
Permanent chemical treatments:
- Anti-crease finish
- Anti stats
- UV absorbers add polymer stabilizers
- Thermoplastic binders, resins and emulsion polymers
- Thermosetting resins and crosslinking agents
- Softening with reactive polymer
- Durable flame retarding
- Durable water repelling etc.